About the Journal
International Journal of Phytomedicine publishes innovative studies on efficacy, safety, quality, and mechanisms of action of specified plant extracts, phytopharmaceuticals, and their isolated constituents. This includes clinical, pharmacological, pharmacokinetic, and toxicological studies of specified herbal medicinal products, herbal preparations, and purified compounds that have a defined and consistent quality-assuring reproducible pharmacological activity.
International Journal of Phytomedicine stimulates research in this particular field and sets internationally accepted scientific standards for pharmacological studies, proof of clinical efficacy, and safety of phytomedicines.
The main aims of the International Journal of Phytomedicine are associated with the integration of phytopreparations into conventional or official medicine.
The journal covers the following sections:
- Clinical pharmacology and toxicology
- Endocrine pharmacology
- Metabolic syndrome and obesity
- Immunopharmacology, inflammation
- Infectious diseases
- Pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, and urogenital diseases
- Safety assessment, pre-clinical toxicology, interaction with drugs, and adverse events of herbal preparations
- Pharmacokinetic of natural compounds
- Standardization of herbal preparations